Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Week 1: Thing 3

As I looked over the copyright "Thing #3", I was struck by the challenge on how to teach the idea of respecting copyright to students so they "get it".

I thought of an idea for them to create something, an idea or an object, that they believe is original. Have them turn it in to me either electronically or in physical form. I would then in turn pass them out to other people with the assignment of having them act or make people believe that it is their idea and they created it first and nobody elses. This will in theory "bother" the original creators and they will wonder why the person "acting" wasn't giving them credit. It would be very interesting how the students would react after having the feeling that their "work" or "idea" was being used without being given credit for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment